On this adventure you will see the incredible sights and fortifications of Plymouth Sound, Plymouth Hoe, Drake’s Island and the incredible Royal William victualling yard, before heading up the River Tamar past the Royal Naval Dockyard to the Brunel Bridge. Once past the Bridges the Tamar opens out and you get a wonderful perspective of the River.
This sailing adventure is tailored for groups and families with children, from 6-8 people.
Departure Point: ///mass.most.blows
Prices: Adults £95.00, Children £75.00, Family £295.00, Full boat charter £495.00 (minimum 4 people if a private booking)
Bounty Club membership
Join our crew and become a Bounty Club member from £34.99/year and receive 10% discount off all our experiences, tours, adventures and merchandise.
To find out more about this experience please contact usBook Now
The River Tamar experience is around 6 hours. There is time for a refreshment stop on route either at Mount Edgecumbe Arms or the Royal William Yard.
This is a typical itinerary for this experience.
10:00 Meet at the departure point, briefing on the day
10:30 Set sail to Drake’s Island, Mount Edgecumbe and Royal William Yard
12:00 Explore Royal William Yard, a chance for refreshments*
13:00 Set Sail for the Bridges, past the Royal Naval Dockyard.
14:00 Sail back down River to Plymouth Sound
15:30 Arrive back at the Bounty Centre for some light refreshments.
*You are welcome to bring a packed lunch and eat onboard, or there are places to eat at Royal William Yard.
River Journeys - River Tamar
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"My son went on the Bounty and he absolutely loved it. He said he wished he could go on it everyday! I cannot fault conrad and his team. Absolutely brilliant. I highly recommend the bounty project. We are even looking into going on a tour as a family."Clare Edgecumbe
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"What a perfect way to end the weekend at the Armchair Adventure Festival on a proper adventure with the amazing Conrad Humphreys. I need to plan my own adventure now. Thank you so much Conrad"Joanne Wright
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"Really enjoyed the time on the boat. With Conrad explaining what the project was about and some of the occurrences on the expedition, being aboard put everything into context. A great experience. Thank you!"Margaret Damen
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"Fascinating and very enjoyable experience. Thank you."Nigel Elgar
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"Thank you so much for the chance to sail on Bounty."Mark Woodgate
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"What a privilege to be able to sail on such a boat. Conrad is one of those people who have embraced life and encouraged others to do so too….. have already recommended this trip round Plymouth sound to friends and family. Hugely enjoyable."Val Morrall